Fall is magical for so many reasons—crisp morning air, colorful leaves, cozy sweaters, the list goes on. But another aspect of the season that so many of us love is that pumpkin flavored treats are abundant. If you’re tempted to reach for some seasonal bites but know they won’t make you feel great, this smoothie is a healthy yet satisfying option.
Ingredients like organic pumpkin purée, vanilla bean almond milk, and pure maple syrup will please your sweet tooth while spinach and chia seeds pack a punch of fiber and magnesium. Another perk: This smoothie is as easy to make as it is delicious.
Here’s What You Need:
1 frozen banana
- 1 cup of ice
- 1/2 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup of organic pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk yogurt
- 1 cup of vanilla bean unsweetened almond milk
Here’s What To Do:
Put all of the ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
Tip: Add more ice if you want a thicker smoothie!
Recipe courtesy of Megan Spiteri